Appeal & Complaint Handling
APPEAL HANDLING PROCESS
STARCERT is maintaining the following process for effectively handling of appeals :
- 1. The appeal can be send to STARCERT in writing within 14 days of the decision or activity for which appellant is seeking redressal by notice or by mail on info@STARCERTcertifications.com
- 2. On receiving of such appeal the Certification manager shall record the appeal in appeal register (Refer F70) and provide an acknowledgement to appellant for receiving of appeal. CM also update to the appellant the progress of the matter.
- 3. An appeal Panel (two member) shall be constituted from the Impartial committee member by the Board of Directors who shall validate and investigate the matter.
- 4. The appeal panel will meet within 30 days of receiving such appeal and provide an opportunity to hear the appellant and representative of STARCERT.
- 5. After making the proper investigation and considering the previous appeal decision, if any the appeal panel shall give its decision. The decision of the panel is final.
- 6. CM shall track the appeal and record the action to resolve the matter. The correction and corrective action and outcomes of the appeal panel shall also be recorded
- 7. The decision made by, reviewed by or Approved by any person who is not previously involved in the subject matter of appeal.
- 8. CM shall communicate formally the outcomes and decision of appeal panel to the appellant and give a formal notice to appellant about the end of the appeal handling process with in 15 days of the decision.
COMPLAINT HANDLING PROCESS
An applicant, a certified company or any interested party may lodge a complaint as per the following process :
- 1. Any complaint received by STARCERT in writing or by e-mail or telephone in respect of its functions as a certification body or a company certified by it, shall be fully reviewed by the CM and shall be recorded in the complaint register (Refer F69) with its nature. The tracking and recording complaints, including actions undertaken in response to them is maintained by CM.
- 2. If the complaint relates to the certified client :
- a) CM shall make investigation of the complaint and send a Notice to the client within 14 days of the investigation completed. The Complaint shall be closed within 45 days of the complaint received.
- b) STARCERT can ask the explanation or the evidences or can conduct the special audit depends on the nature of the complaint to ensure the effectiveness of the management system of the client. Investigation shall be made by the person who is not involved previously.
- c) The progress of the complaint shall be update to the complainant and the action taken on complaint shall be recorded (Refer F69)
- 3. CM will
- 1. Verify the promptness and effectiveness of the actions. Taken in respect of the complaint received ensure its prompt disposal.
- 2. Ensure that the complainant is advised of the result of the investigation within five weeks of the receipt of the complaint.
- 3. All complaints, after redressed & disposal, shall be closed through a closing note / closing call by the CM.
- 4. Ensures that any appropriate correction and corrective action are taken and also suitable preventive action is taken to avoid recurrence of such cases.
- 5. Ensure that Effectiveness of the measures adopted are covered during the Management Review Meeting
- 6. The entire process to be followed meets the requirement of confidentiality as it relates to the complaint and to the subject of the complaint. The complaints are recorded in the complaint register.
- 7. Gather and verify all necessary information to validate the complaint.
- 8. Ensures that the acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint is sent to the complainant and is informed about the progress and outcome of the result in writing every month till its closure.
- 9. Ensures that the decision communicated to the complainant is made reviewed and approved by the individual(s) not previously involved in the subject of the complaint.
- 10. Give formal notice of the end of the complaints-handling process to the complainant.
- 11. Ensures with the client and the complainant to the extent to which complaint may be made publicly available.)
Ensure that the complaint has been closed within the 45 days of the receiving of the